Pay As You Go (PAYG)
Fixed Price Divorce Petition
We can prepare your divorce petition for a fixed fee of £160.00 plus VAT
We offer mediation at Alsager, Crewe, Congleton, Market Drayton, Nantwich, Newcastle under Lyme, Sandbach, Stoke, Tarporley, Whitchurch and Winsford. The Mediator’s role is to remain impartial and to help separated parties achieve a settlement. This is most beneficial where people want to meet and discuss matters. The courts also nowadays insist an applicant has been to a mediation information assessment meeting before issuing proceedings and expect both parties to try to resolve their issues through mediation, where appropriate.
We recognise the difficulties that many people are facing with rising costs and reduced income. It is nevertheless true that it can be vital to obtain the best legal advice you can afford. Because we understand that we are not increasing our costs, and we are introducing schemes to try and help clients wherever possible.
Nothing can beat the best advice. It is vital that people already stressed and depressed by the break up of a relationship should not be “bounced” into poor arrangements or settlements simply because they did not get at least some help and guidance to suit their needs (and pocket).
We will offer fixed fee assessments/arrangements for each aspect of work you want us to help you with so that you can control your own budget. Depending on how much you want to do for yourself, you can save £00’s, and even £000’s in very lengthy difficult disputes.
We already run a first free meeting of up to approximately 30 minutes. That is normally sufficient time for us to help give initial guidance in relation to any family disputes (include an assessment of any availability of public funding).
If further help is needed, then we do not ask for ‘an open cheque book’. We will help you identify the areas where you may need our help and expertise and then help you to deal with the litigation yourself. You pay us as you go and ask us to do as much (or as little) as you can afford, or want to pay.
We have already successfully helped many separated clients in this way. Many are particularly surprised how well they have managed the case themselves with our guidance.
The various aspects of work you might need help with are:
- You have received a Divorce Petition and need help to understand it, its implications and to complete the Acknowledgement of Service.
- To help draft and prepare the Divorce Proceedings – (whether or not you wish to deal with the matter yourself separately online).
- Help with referral to Mediation (where Mediation is not undertaken here).
- Assist you to make a Financial Application.
- Assist you to complete the Financial Statement – the first required document in financial applications.
Assist you with preparing Questionnaires and Statement of Issues.
- Advising you in relation to any First Directions Appointment – the probably outcomes and what will happen.
- Assist and advise you with the management of your case – whether as Applicant or Respondent.
- Assisting in preparing the Schedule of Assets and, after full disclosures, advising with regard to the likely outcome.
- Helping draft full reasoned letters of proposal for use at Financial Dispute Resolution Appointment.
- If required, arranging for representation at any Final Trial – whether by solicitor or Counsel.
We have had cases where we have advised clients throughout the process up to Trial and, depending on the level of support, have saved £00’s. Client have dealt with a lot more of the preparation and time consuming work – under our supervision. It really is up to you how much, or little, you feel you need to involve us.
We can also help with children disputes.
Remember, we are not only experts on the Law and legal processes, we have years of practical experience of the whole range of issues and problems that affect families and can actually underlie any issue. It is not always the legal knowledge that helps, but the years of experience. And sound common sense.
Again, we offer a first free meeting where we can guide you what the law says and what help is available, including Court application remedies. If more help is needed we can:
- Helping with referral to Mediation (where Mediation is not undertaken here).
- Helping prepare and issue a Court application.
- Advising on Court process and the Hearings and likely outcomes.
- Helping draft any necessary Court documents, Statements, and advising in relation to any necessary evidence.
- Advising and providing general guidance as the matter proceeds.
- Arranging for representation either by solicitor or by Counsel at any Final Trial if the matter cannot be agreed.
Please contact our Nantwich or Crewe Ofﬁce for further information.